Professor of Molecular Oncology
- med., University of Munich, 1993
- Postdoctoral fellow, Princeton University, USA, 1993-1996
- Group leader, University of Marburg, 1997-2004
- 2004-2005 Professor of Molecular Oncology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense
- Head of the Department of Molecular Oncology, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, since 2005
Major Research Interests
We are trying to understand the response of cancer cells to chemotherapy. In particular, we are analyzing the impaired replication of DNA and the damage response that results from injury to DNA. Our focus is on the signaling cascades driven by DNA damage, and on the activation of the tumor suppressor p53.